Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Bling Bling

As I was flipping through my Harper’s Bazaar magazine this month, I came across a very interesting bag-one which caught my eye and one which was like nothing I had ever seen.  Now, I love a bit of bling, in fact for my cousins wedding last October I took it upon myself to stick diamantes all over the entire pair of shoes.  I didn’t know many people at the wedding; however when introduced to strangers the first thing they said was ‘Wow! I hear you made your shoes!’- They were a great conversation starter, not to mention they looked amazing (even if I do say so myself).  So, when I saw this bag- a spherical, sparkly collaboration between designers Louis Vuitton and Judith Leiber, I immediately fell in love.  The prices are steep but considering it took me a good 50 hours of work to complete my shoes, I can completely understand how they justify it.
My Shoe
Judith Leiber has been the go-to handbag designer for red carpet events in Hollywood for over 50 years and her bags have been seen on many celebrities, models and in Sex and the City (both the movie and TV series).  But probably the most impressive aspect of the brand is that it is housed permanently in many museums all over the world, including The Victoria and Albert museum in London, and the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York.  Almost every first lady dating back to the early 1960’s has carried a Judith Leiber bag to the Presidential Inauguration.  If these facts aren’t enough to impress you- just wait till you take a look at the minaudieres (shown below) which will have you dreaming about all things sparkly.
Sphere $2495
Stella $4995

Botswana $4995

Ling $4695
Kyoto $6795
Elephant $5995
Golden Koi $4495
Humphrey $5295
Wilbur $4695
Heart n’ Soul $2195
Strawberry Cupcake $4295

Red Delicious $3595
Rose $3575
Luxe $3995
Judith Leiber also has an incredible range of jewellery, eyewear and accessories on offer, as well as bags which are not-so-sparkly- have a look at her website at www.judithleiber.com.
Yours Fashionably,
Nat xo

No comments:

Post a Comment