Thursday, April 7, 2011

I'm Fur Real

My blog today is inspired by this week’s distinctively cooler weather in Sydney.  I used to hate the cold weather because I tend to feel it before everyone else, however this season I am determined to embrace the cooler months by rugging up in style.
Case in point: Fur.  I looooooooove fur, and not only because Rachel Zoe tells me to.  Perhaps it’s because I’m Russian (Russia has the largest fur market in the world), perhaps it’s because I see so many celebrities rocking the fur coats or vests, or it could just be because it is a trend which has lasted the test of time, which is just as chic and luxurious as ever.  Whatever the reason, I simply cannot get enough.
Long, short, cropped, vest-ed, with a hood, without, black, tan, chestnut, auburn, chocolate- however it’s served, I’m taking it.  You can wear a fur vest over a long-sleeved shirt or jumper with skinny jeans and ankle boots.  You can wear a jacket over a dress and tights.  Wear fur with leather, with knits, with silk, with denim- it goes with just about anything, and what’s more- it hides a multitude of sins.
Now I might add in here that while I think it’s ok to buy a vintage fur coat, I would never purchase one which was new and real.  If you buy a fur piece, please make it faux.
Here are some great fur looks that can and should be tried this Winter.
Victoria Beckham in Cropped Fox Fur Jacket
Olsen Twins- Fur Vest and Short-haired Fur Jacket

Lindsay Lohan in allegedly stolen $11,000 Fur Jacket

Sarah Jessica Parker in Cropped Auburn Fur Jacket

Nicole Richie in Fur Vest

Victoria Beckham in Chocolate Jacket
Struggling to think of somewhere to buy faux fur?  If you dont want to spend hundreds of dollars at a boutique, have a look at eBay.  Just make sure that you check the measurments thoroughly before you bid on something that you won't be able to wear.  And remember, faux fur all the way!
Natalie Imbruglia in Peta Ad Campaign against Fur
Yours Fashionably,
Nat xo


No comments:

Post a Comment